Sunday, October 2, 2011

Greytfest

Yesterday was our 7th annual Greytfest. This year we held our event in Owensboro, Kentucky. One of our board members works for a big company that let us use their facilites. Very nice place. Not such a good turnout though. It was a gorgeous day, but it was cold and windy. After a scorching summer, you think it would have been warm just one more week.
This year, I decided to be a vendor. With a low turnout, I didn't do as well as I would have liked. However, my pumpkin was a hit. It was decided it would be best suited for the live auction. If it wasn't for the hounds, I would almost be embarassed to tell you what someone spent for it. It went for $150.00! It is always amazes me what people pay for things in these auctions. But like my friend, the auctioneer says, "it's for the hounds".
Even though it was cold, it was still a wonderful day. Any day that you get to see greyhounds is a good day to me. It was very hard for me to say goodbye to Buddy though. I know he will have a good home, but darn, I will miss him.

4 comments:

  1. your pumpkin was awesome and I am glad that it brought in money for the hounds, what a great event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, well done on getting so much money for your wonderful pumpkin:) The hounds will be grateful!

    I hope Buddy is settling into his new home with ease.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not surprised at all that the pumpkin went for that much! I love it!

    I'm sorry turn out wasn't good. I wish I knew what the magic potion was to get people more involved. Maybe it was just bad timing this year.

    Buddy looks so cute and happy! I'm happy for him, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW love that pumpkin!! So grreyt that it brought so much for the hounds!!

    ReplyDelete