Friday, October 8, 2010

Pardon Me While I Complain!

Okay folks, here it goes. One of my pet peeves...purse dogs. Now I love dogs, don't get me wrong. All dogs big and small. But when you start discriminating against the big dogs, better back up off me! Here's my story.

Everywhere I go anymore, there are little dogs tucked in purses, shopping carts, etc. How does this happen when there are signs on the doors that say specifically "service dogs only"? So yesterday I was at Goodwill. In comes this lady with a tiny Yorkie puppy. Everyone, including the manager, is fussing over the little furball. Indeed it was cute. So I decide, I am going to stick my foot in my mouth. I go over to the manager and say "can I bring my dog in?". Sure, she says. Well, then she proceeds to say if it is a small dog, that is. WTF??? My dog isn't small, but why can't I bring her in? Well, you know big dogs make messes! Lady, you did it now. You done pissed momma off. My dogs are not messy. As a matter of fact, lady, my dogs probably don't make as much mess as your little purse dog and are probably way more quiet! I told her, that's not fair! If the sign says no dogs, then it means no dogs. PERIOD.

Okay...I'm climbing down from my soap box now, cause I could go on for days. People, stop hatin' on the big dogs!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am right there with you, sister! What the heck is up with that? My big dog is much better behaved than most of the snarky ankle biters I encounter. And she's very housetrained, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that they get fussed over because they "look" like puppies and are treated as such. But I agree, NO Dogs, means No Dogs! Although, I will say my husband has weasled some of our big dogs into to stores and companies showing them off, (he can never stop talking about them), but there isn't a specific sign saying they can't come in and who's ever working always wants to see the dogs.

    ReplyDelete