Friday, November 12, 2010

Update on Jax

Well, I am still waiting on the family to get Jax out of my home. The latest news is that the group he came from, the president is in the hospital dying of cancer. Her sister is going from east of Louisville to St. Louis to take some of her personal dogs home with her. She said possibly Jax could hitch a ride with her. It seems someone over in that area has volunteered to watch him. So I can't really get an answer from Jax's family as to whether he is still going to Hawaii or if they are surrendering him. I am a little upset by this, but alas, I came to the conclustion that I can't save the world. I do feel bad for him, but he needs to leave. Not that he is a bad dog, I don't think that at all. He is a dog. But everytime I look at him, he is just another reminder of that fateful day...

6 comments:

  1. I don't blame you for wanting him out of the house, regardless of whether he's a good dog. I can't see how you'll start to heal with a constant reminder there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you at all! It's not like this is a situation where they were both your dogs. You were doing someone a huge favor! Perhaps they could board him until they can come and pick him up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand. I echo Amy and Houndstooth. This has been painful enough for you. I hope something works out for you. Again sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, what an awful story! I'd want him out of my house too. I hope you and whoever is dealing with him going forward will keep him muzzled. Its one thing to get in a dog fight, but it is totally wrong to cause such injuries. Not having bite inhibition is unacceptable.

    Very sorry to hear about your girl. Just so sad. I hope the good memories start to take over soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't blame you a bit. The sooner he is gone, I hope that you can rest easier. I'm so sorry, sweetie.

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just now catching up on all your recent posts and want to say how very sorry I am that you've had such a horrific time of everything lately. Such a tragedy to lose Dixie and I can totally understand you wanting Jax gone, even if he hadn't fought with Dixie and caused her injury and suffering. He's not your responsibility but his people have virtually dumped him on you. Humans suck sometimes. Here's hoping you've turned a corner with Sadie's good news:-)

    ReplyDelete