Friday, December 30, 2016

Looking Back on 2016

As we are getting ready to say goodbye to 2016, I thought I would give an update on the hounds here at Lazy Days Greys.
Sadie, my sweet, sweet Sadie.  Last month we celebrated Sadie's 13th birthday.  To say this was a milestone would definitely be an understatement.  When we adopted Sadie, she had been diagnosed with dilated cardiomyopathy and mild mitral valve disease.  She was taking prescriptions that cost about $100 and month and was quickly renamed "million dollar baby".  She had various health issues (mostly the damn toes) and seemed to have some rotten luck.  After testing a couple of years ago, it was found that she had a birth defect and not all the other problems with her heart.  She came off all the medicine.  She is a happy girl these days.  A little thinner and a little slower, but we are so thankful that she's still around.  
Bowser, my goof ball.  Bowser is just as goofy as every.  We like to say "not the brightest crayon in the box", but we love him.  Always within my eyesight and way too attached to his momma, he's my boy.  Other than horrible teeth, my Bow-wow is doing just greyt.

Clareese, my baby girl.  Clareese is a little more quirky than her brother, Bowser.  She is learning to like men more and more.  Still has the baldest butt and never misses a meal.  My little chunky girl.  Her teeth are not as bad as her brother's, but still not the greatest.

Vic, silly and crazy is the resident comedian.  This cold snap has turned this boy into a riot.  He loves nothing more than to run out the door and go to his favorite hole and dig away.  With his goofy gait (after effects of the seizures) and sheer joy on his face, he loves to run the yard.  So far we have only had one incident of seizure activity, but thankfully, he came out of it.

So there it is in a nutshell.  We are so very thankful for a good year with the dogs.  All the pups are healthy and happy.  (Now if I jinxed it, I'm going to kick myself!)





No comments:

Post a Comment