Monday, October 29, 2012

Meet Dave

Sysco Dave that is.  Dave was recently returned to our group through no fault of his own.  His owner became ill and had to return her two boys.  I fostered Dave the first go round, and until Buddy, he held the record for my longest foster.  Nine months.  To say it broke my heart that he was returned would be an understatement.  I cried and cried.  Although, I'm sure I didn't cry as much as his momma.  She loved those boys dearly.  I still don't know what her illness is.  But I know it must be bad for her to give up her dogs.  She worshipped them.  Dave came to us on September 16th and has adjusted pretty well.  He has had his dental and is all set to find his forever home.  I hope he doesn't break any records this time around!

5 comments:

  1. He is a handsome boy. My heart breaks for his Momma. I cannot imagine having to give up mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel just awful for his human! I would be completely heartbroken if I had to give up my dogs because of an illness. Here's hoping that Dave finds his perfect home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you are there for Dave and his human during this tough time. You are an angel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel so bad for Dave, his brother, and his mum. Sucks that they couldn't stay together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dave's momma is a strong person to do whats best for Dave. That had to be one of the worst decisions to make. Wishing the best for all three.

    ReplyDelete